Wednesday, January 9, 2013

I'm Home / New Year. No Fear

It took me more than 24 hours to get home, but I made it. And it sure is nice.

I left Malawi on Sunday and got home Monday. I've had the chance to see some family and friends, which has been great. Mom left up all the Christmas decorations, and there were even presents under the tree for me! It is a good feeling to come home to a house full of love.


The adjustment to home life hasn't been too difficult so far. My stomach is holding up, but my sleeping patterns aren't quite right just yet (I woke up at 3:30 this morning and can't fall back asleep). My car is still in the garage, and my suitcase still isn't completely unpacked. But, I am giving myself a week: One week to be lazy, hang out, do what I want, and eat whatever I want (oh, how I have missed milk and cereal, bacon, and Reese Cups). But only one week...

That's where the "New Year. No Fear" comes into play. I have decided to make 2013 my year. Don't get me wrong, 2012 was hella-awesome, but 2013 has great potential too. I can feel it in my bones. Big things are on the horizon for this kid right here. I am excited for the job/grad school search, and I am super pumped to get in shape. It's not so much about looking good, it's about feeling good again. It's going to take some work, but I am ready for the challenge.

That's where I am at right now. It's good to be home. 

Thanks for reading,
-Sarah


1 comment: