Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Life Update...

...I'm still alive.

Sorry for the insane amount of time that has passed since I last posted anything. I know you are all so terribly concerned with what is happening in my life. Haha :)

But really, things are going well. These past few weeks I have done a ton of soul-searching, and I'm becoming a little more confident in the direction my life is headed.

For those of you that don't know, I am currently working a seasonal position at the zoo, and I love it. It is a hella-fun job, and for right now it's perfect for me. I get up each morning and go to a job that I can say I truly enjoy. I know quite a few people that can't say that. BUT, like I said before, it is only a seasonal position. It's not going to last forever...

That brings me to the full-time job search. I'll be honest and say that I've been applying. I've interviewed, and I've sucked. Yeah, my last interview I had didn't go so hot, but I can use that as a learning experience. The next one will be better.

But that rough interview set me back a few steps for a week or two. I kind of felt like a failure. In the grand scheme of things one bad interview doesn't really mean much. And I know that now, but this one allowed for me to figure out something super important that I have struggled with for a long time.

I have never been one to take the conventional route with anything that I do. That's been true all of my life, especially when it comes to transitional periods. After high school I studied abroad for a year. After college (I believe it's important to note that I did, in fact, graduate in four years) I volunteered in Malawi for five months. And now I am home, working at the zoo, and looking for the next step to take in life. And I have no clue what I will do or where I am headed.

But here's the kicker:

I finally understand that it's okay for me to do my own thing. 

Life is about paving your own way, and I've been lucky enough to have the support of family and friends as I try to find the right path. (I should also add a shout out to my mother who has supported me both mentally and financially through all of this).

The real point of this post is: I like where I'm at, I'm okay with not knowing my next step, and I'm hopeful for the future.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment