Sunday, February 10, 2013

Sad/Happy/Life/Love

Okay. First off, let me apologize for taking so long to write another post. I'd like to say that I've been busy, but just the opposite. I haven't been doing too much...

...But I have been applying for jobs, and I even got an interview! It's for a really part-time (two days a week) position, but it has potential if I can find another job to go along with it. So that is awesome. It's a cool feeling to get together a stellar looking resume (thanks to Miss Jenny) and get it out to potential employers.

So yes, the job search is going well. Even if I don't get this job, being interviewed will help prepare me for future interviews and maybe even help me get the next job.

But I am really in a funk. Being home is much more difficult than I anticipated. It's hard to explain to people that have never been on a trip like the one I was on, but it's like going from somewhere that you have a purpose, where you can clearly see the good you are doing, to coming home and losing that sense of purpose. Don't get me wrong, I know this is only a temporary state, but it's not easy right now. It's almost like survivor's guilt or something. It's hard to go from a place where everyone has so little to a place where we all have so much...

But I am confidently looking for my purpose here in the U.S. of A. One job application at a time and one trip to the gym at a time.

Oh yeah, I am starting to feel better physically again. I am getting into the groove of going to workout, and it feels wonderful. I've missed that soreness in my bones from a good workout. Little by little, I'll get to where I want to be.

On a side note, Valentine's Day is this week, and though I could be like most of the cynical singles out there, I am not. I am pretty pumped this Valentine's Day. Why, you ask? Well let me tell you, because there is so much love around me. I'll be road trippin' to NC to go dress shopping with Allison this weekend for her wedding in July. I am pretty pumped for this trip. a.) Because I haven't seen Allison in forever, and b.) who does't love wedding dress shopping?

Weddings are exciting to me. Especially when it's my closest friends that are getting married. Like I said, Alli is getting married this summer to Sam, and then Jenny and Dave are getting married in 2014. I've also got a handful of other friends that are engaged as well. Seeing the love these people share and the happiness it brings them only gives me hope for my own future.

So, celebrate all the love that is around you, not just on Valentine's Day, but every day. It's truly a gift.

Thanks for reading.

-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment